As representatives from member countries of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) and civil society groups convene in Brasilia, Brazil over the next couple days, I thought I would cover what people on Twitter are saying and asking regarding the initiative and process.
Here is the round-up from December 7, 2011:
- jenngustetic Jenn Gustetic: MT @opengovpart: "#Technology without #politicalwill and civil #participation is nothing"–UK's Tim Kelsey. #OGP #OpenGov #gov20
- digiphile Alex Howard: @onwardcaro @martintisne I hear Indonesia is considering a strict secrecy law. Would that work with @opengovpart membership? #OGP #opengov
- Integrilicious Nathaniel Heller: +1 @tkb: @opengovpart Also, remember an #opendata platform is just 1 part of ecosystem: http://www.flickr.com/photos/
divergence/6207992189/(by @digphile @worldbank) #OGP
- CTG_UAlbany CTG at UAlbany: #OGP countries: we can help you plan and assess the public value of your #opengov initiatives bit.ly/uNgpaE cc @opengovpart
- OpenBudgets Open Budgets: RT @opengovpart: #india compared to Katrina by @OpenBudgets, interesting case of billions spent without accountability #OGP
- StateDept StateDep: @usmariaotero leads U.S. delegation to #OpenGov Partnership Int'l Steering Committee meetings in #Brazil 12/5-6. go.usa.gov/5QS #ogp
- GFI_Tweets Global Fin Integrity: RT @opengovpart: #anticorruption one of the main commitments from #OGP countries
- martintisne Martin Tisne:'If there were so many #opengov champions than any one didn't stand out' Sam Power's take on #OGP success in a few years' time @opengovpart
- EylerWerve Jonathan Eyler-Werve: @martintisne @Integrilicious Is anyone at #OGP talking about South Africa secrecy act? If so, what's the mood? cc @opengovpart
- revenuewatch Revenue Watch: UK @opengovpart plan emphasizes data; Mexico's emphasizes government: revwat.ch/uosmrz – @SunFoundation via @oso #OGP
- OpenGovFr Open Gov France: Warming to the Open Government Partnership goo.gl/EIJu9 #opengovpart #opengov
- participatory Tiago Peixoto: Open Government Portfolio Public Value Assessment Tool bit.ly/skC5QQ #opengov #edem #OGP (useful?)
- Integrilicious Nathaniel Heller: S. Africa distributed explanation as to why the Secrecy Bill is not a bad thing at #OGP meeting today. Uh, ok. pic.twitter.com/yG8bHKGG
- Integrilicious Nathaniel Heller: Mexico asks that all notes from these #OGP meetings be posted on website. Me too!
- participatory Tiago Peixoto: US seeks input on its Open Government National Plan bit.ly/s1Jg8z #opengov #ogp #demopart. Recap of the regional breakouts featuring Smantha Power, G Otieno, @OpenBudgets W. Krafchik et al. #OGP pic.twitter.com/9kAFXEuN
- opengovpart Open Gov Partnership: #whitehouse Samantha Power: "we can all learn from each other. The learning is a key part of the process" #OGP is the platform to do that.
- rakeshrajani Rakesh Rajani: Kenya head of ICT board Paul promised draft Kenya #OGP plan out by end Jan 2012, SA plan already up, Ghana rep absent stranded in Heathrow
- Semkae Semkae Kilonzo: @Kevarist I talked to officials at budget dept of MoFEA. They haven't heard of #ogp . What kind of mainstreaming is that? @SwahiliStreet
- Integrilicious Nathaniel Heller: Freedom of information legislation seen as important for both Kenyan and Tanzanian #OGP commitments.
— photo credit: Divergence (via Flickr)