We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our dynamic team. This full-time position will work closely with the Managing Director of Finance and Operations to maintain and execute Global Integrity’s finance and operational policies and processes while improving and increasing the efficiency of both our back office and program operations. The person filling this position will have the opportunity to work in an finance and operations-focused role that also provides the opportunity for direct work with our program staff and projects. S/he will gain experience working with a high-performing team at the cutting edge of the governance and anti-corruption agenda.
Specifically, the operations associate will:
- Conduct basic bookkeeping duties including entering vendors and bills, setting up payments, receiving payment, assuring accurate documentation and coding, and assisting in monthly allocations and reconciliations of credit cards, payroll and bank accounts
- Support all internal Global Integrity office management functions, including sorting mail, managing office supplies, file share maintenance, basic IT support for internal staff and liaising with Open Gov Hub IT service providers as needed
- Provide support for human resources functions such as recruiting, onboarding, performance evaluation, timesheet maintenance, immigration, legal and policy matters
- Assist in the maintenance of Global Integrity’s payroll systems, retirement plan, and benefits programs
- Assist in grant management and reporting duties
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, staff events and travel logistics
- Liaise with Board of Directors to coordinate meetings, create agendas and take minutes
- Maintain and update the Global Integrity intranet and operational documentation
- Maintain and update content to our website and other communication platforms
- Provide operational support as needed to research and field programs
- Provide administrative support for executive director and senior program staff
Washington, DC (at the Open Gov Hub)
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator, with extensive experience in administration or operations in a professional setting. They will be highly organized, customer focused and possess the ability to anticipate needs and prioritize work. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional but collegial communication style
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to thrive with little oversight in a complex operating environment, taking ownership of multiple work streams concurrently
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Global Integrity’s mission
- Demonstrated knowledge of routine bookkeeping, accounting software and financial reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic office and personnel management
- Proficiency in use of Google Suite and Microsoft office, especially Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Ability to set up office laptops and troubleshoot minor IT issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with general office equipment including copier/printer/scanner machines, telephone systems, video calls
- Experience with QuickBooks, Bill.com, Salesforce, Paychex or similar platforms preferred
- Experience with US nonprofit office, financial and/or human resources management strongly preferred
- Fluency in English is required, proficiencies in other languages are an asset
- One (1) to three (3) years of professional experience in administration, finance or operations support
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Right to work in the US
About Global Integrity
Global Integrity’s vision is of a world in which people and organizations, in countries and communities across the globe, work together to improve governance, and solve complex social problems.
We support local partners - governments, civil society organizations and researchers - as they craft, implement and refine solutions to the complex problems they face. We then use the insights and evidence that emerge from our innovative work with local partners to engage with multilateral and bilateral development agencies, and other external actors, as we encourage them to operate in ways that prioritize the locally-led innovation, learning, and adaptation that is key to solving governance-related problems. We put this approach into practice across our work on integrity and anti-corruption, fiscal governance, and multi-stakeholder initiatives, as well as through our stewardship of at the Open Gov Hub.
Compensation and benefits
Global Integrity offers competitive compensation based on experience, skills and fit for the role. In addition, Global Integrity provides employees with a comprehensive and very generous benefits package, including high-quality health, dental and vision policies, as well as STD, LTD and life insurance policies. GI currently pays 100% of the premiums associated with these benefits. Generous holiday and sick time are also provided. In addition, the organization contributes to employees’ retirement accounts and provides for a transit benefit.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a brief cover letter and resume or CV here.
Deadline for application: open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.