This is an associate-level part-time position that is also open to students as an internship. S/he will be part of the GI-ACE team and will ensure – under the direction of the Communications Lead – that all engagement, communications, administrative, and programmatic tasks can be implemented efficiently and effectively. Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Coordinating communications activities, including social media posting, blog outputs, and web maintenance.
- Creating and designing newsletters on a regular basis with Communications Lead for project communication
- Crafting, writing, and designing tweets and posts that are consistent with the GI brand but tailored to each platform
- Designing and laying out external facing materials from overview sheets to instagram posts.
- Organizing, driving, and updating the programme workflow through maintaining tools such as a project tracker (Asana), Google Sheets, and running notes; documenting information and updating and sharing deadlines; preparing meeting agendas, taking notes, and following up on meetings and action points;
- Operating and administering project-facing processes (conducting due-diligence assessments, tracking risks, documenting financial data, summarizing developments at project level, preparing options for decision making at programme level, obtaining and filing narrative reports, etc.);
- Operating and administering programme-facing processes (researching specific questions and preparing information for decision making; organizing travel, conferences, and events; documenting decisions; filing reports and drafts; keeping track of financial data and invoices for approval and subsequent payments; etc.);
- Following and documenting communications between project leads, researchers and the programme management team in order to prepare information for decision making and MEL (monitoring, evaluation, and learning) purposes; including tracking metrics of engagement.
- Support other members of the team as required.
The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator, with demonstrated experience in communications and operations. They will be highly organized and possess the ability to anticipate needs and prioritize work.
The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Demonstrated ability to critically think through processes and apply problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive with little oversight in a complex operating environment, taking ownership of multiple work streams concurrently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to complete tasks ahead of time
- Willingness to try, reflect, iterate, and grow
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional, but collegial, communication style
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Global Integrity’s mission
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to research, summarize, and present information for decision making
- Proficiency in use of Google Suite and Microsoft Office, especially Excel or other spreadsheet software
- Fluency in English is required; proficiencies in other languages are an asset
- Experience with MailChimp, WordPress, and graphic design software, ie. Canva and the Adobe suite
- Fluency in social media platforms, analytics, and reporting
- Experience with audio and video production and editing desirable
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in communications, either through a job, internship or other relevant projects
- Senior or a Junior at an accredited university, or a Bachelor’s degree
- Right to work in the United States
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter via Airtable
Deadline for application: 21st Aug
Period of engagement: September – November 2020
Payment: $15/hour, 20-30 hours per week.