About Global Integrity
Established in 2005, Global Integrity has in recent years helped to shape a governance and development agenda which is increasingly about supporting frontline organizations to craft effective solutions to the challenges that they face in their particular contexts.
With a strategy update underway, and exciting new projects in the pipeline to complement our existing portfolio of work, this role provides a great opportunity for someone to play a major role in the evolution of the organization, helping to sharpen what we do so that our efforts have a bigger impact and continue to shape policy and practice on governance and development.
With a focus on challenges relating to corruption and the use of public resources, and listening closely to our partners’ needs, we support governments, civil society organizations and researchers around the world as they craft, implement and refine solutions to the complex and fundamentally political challenges they face. We then use the insights and evidence that emerge from our innovative work with local partners to engage with multilateral and bilateral development agencies, and other external actors, encouraging and supporting these organizations to operate in ways that prioritize the locally-led innovation, learning, and adaptation that is key to addressing complex governance-related challenges.
We are seeking a Managing Director, Programs and Learning to join our dynamic team, based primarily at the Open Gov Hub in Washington DC. The successful applicant for this full-time position will work closely with the Executive Director to provide outstanding program management, to oversee high-quality monitoring, evaluation and learning, to help lead and develop the organization, to contribute to external engagement, communications and advocacy, and to make an important contribution to fundraising.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Program Management and Learning (40%)
- Responsible for the implementation of programs and projects in line with our strategy.
- Supervise project managers, as well as external contributors and partners.
- Provide guidance to team members and on all aspects of project work including as regards designing, implementing and managing projects.
- Evaluate project progress, redirecting resources and modifying our approach to ensure delivery on project goals.
- Supervise our monitoring, learning and evaluation, to ensure that we operate in a learning-centered and adaptive manner.
- Work with project team managers and the finance team to develop and monitor project budgets.
- Organizational Leadership and Strategy Implementation (30%)
- Serve as a key member of Global Integrity’s Management Team, helping to oversee effective implementation of our strategy and drive our organizational development.
- Help to develop and craft new program priorities, for instance as regards gender or the application of emerging technologies to governance-related challenges.
- External Engagement, Advocacy and Communication (15%)
- Create and promote opportunities for engaging with external partners and key stakeholders through regular meetings and partner events.
- Advocate for Global Integrity’s mission, connecting our work to the advancement of open, accountable and effective governance.
- Work with our Communications Manager to develop content for newsletters, blogposts, webinars, annual reports, and other channels.
- Fundraising (15%)
- Lead on the development of new project proposals, in line with our strategy.
- Support the Executive Director in engaging with potential funders.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Graduate degree in a relevant area of study including, but not limited to, public policy, development studies, geography, anthropology, international relations and comparative politics.
- First-hand experience of the sorts of governance-related challenges that Global Integrity helps to address, including in developing countries, from extensive work and/or life experience.
- A minimum of 12 years experience working in a research institution, development agency, consulting firm, NGO, think tank, or government, on issues relating to transparency, openness and global development, or a near-neighbor set of issues, such as those relating to social impact, impact investing, or the application of design thinking and practice.
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team of professionals, on-site and virtually, working on a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Experience in project management, including contracting, workflow design, and management of teams who may not be co-located.
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage time effectively, and handle multiple on-going projects. Exceptional attention to detail, ability to perform on tight deadlines, and proven ability to communicate clear and concise instructions.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, speaking and – most importantly – listening. Excellent English is essential. Additional languages inc. Spanish and French are a bonus.
- Must be able to demonstrate US legal work authorization. For a list of acceptable documents see page 3 of the Form I9.
- And, last but not least, a passion for Global Integrity’s mission!
Salary and Benefits
Global Integrity offers a competitive benefits package including health and disability benefits, as well as a modest life insurance policy, and currently pays 100% of the premiums associated with those benefits. The organization also provides generous paid time off, contributes to employees’ retirement accounts and provides for a transit benefit.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The salary range is $90,000 – $120,000.
How to Apply
At Global Integrity, we strive to create a workplace that reflects our global mission and the multicultural community in which we work. Applicants who embrace our values and strengthen our diversity are encouraged to apply. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit a cover letter outlining how you will contribute to the evolution and impact of Global Integrity, along with a resume or CV, here.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Our goal is to hire an awesome candidate, with a start date no later than January 2020.