Global Integrity is looking for a research or journalism intern to start in July. Our ideal candidate will play a key support role for Global Integrity’s research on the States Integrity Investigation project (in partnership with the Center for Public Integrity), is already based in Washington DC, and is able to legally work in the US. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Performing detailed, intensive quality control of data submitted by journalists from all 50 U.S. states as part of the States Integrity Investigation project.
– Helping to coordinate logistical details associated with the project management of research projects (including keeping track of deadlines, working on the spreadsheets, etc.).
– Conducting research on diverse open governance issues in the states.
– Native English speaker.
– Currently studying or graduated no more than five years ago in the field of journalism, political science or related field.
– Excellent writing skills.
– Familiarity with research and consistent application of indicator-based methodologies are a plus.
– Interest and familiarity with the open governance and/or transparency and accountability fields are a plus.
– Resourcefulness performing online, desk research, and interviews required.
– Energetic, resourceful and comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
– Sound political judgment, diplomacy, impartiality and discretion.
– Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
– Graduate level candidates are preferred.
Compensation: This is a paid opportunity.
Deadline: Rolling application until position is filled.
How to Apply: Send your resume and examples/links of anything you’d like to show off to [email protected].
Organizational Description: Global Integrity champions transparent and accountable government around the world by producing innovative research and technologies that inform, connect, and empower civic, private, and public reformers seeking more open societies.